- Who are we?
- What personal information do we collect from our users?
- How do we use the information we collect?
- Will AMA share your personal information?
- Cookies and how we use them
- What are your rights regarding the personal information you provide us?
- Update your information
Who are we?
Alphabet Media Academy (AMA) is the Post graduate Media Management institution in Nigeria. AMA offers Post Graduate Certificate in Media Management (PGCMM) and Post Graduate Diploma in Media Management (PGDMM) programmes, and it is “By the Industry and For the Industry” in Nigeria and Africa in general.
Alphabet Media Academy
22A Olatunbosun Street, Shonibare Estate,
Maryland, Lagos, Nigeria.
What personal information do we collect from our users?
When you use any of AMA online services, contact us via phone or email or apply to any of our programmes, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you:
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Name, Nationality, Gender, Date of birth and Religion
- Contact details (address, email and phone number)
- Communication preferences
- Employment information (name of organisation, job title, level, work experience, industries worked in)
- Educational background (institution(s), course and year of graduation)
- Test scores (GRE, GMAT)
We may also collect information on how our website is accessed and used, i.e Usage Data. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the personal information obtained from you for the following purposes:
- To contact you and provide you with up-to-date information about our products and services (programmes, starting dates and reminders, application tips, events and other relevant Academy activities)
- To provide customer care and support services
- To improve our website and personalise our services in order to better serve you
- To monitor the success of promotional campaigns
- To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
We will not use or share personal information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without clear prior notice and the option to opt-out.
Will AMA share your personal information?
We may share your information with partner institutions in the event of a partnership programme. For example, exchange programmes for Diploma in Media Management participants. On such occasions, we will provide a notice containing further information on the data transfer process.
Otherwise, your information is confidential, and we will never share with third parties unless we are obliged by the law to do so.
Cookies and how we use them
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
Cookies help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, thereby allowing us to provide you with an improved site experience.
What are your rights regarding the personal information you provide us?
You are permitted to exercise the following rights:
- Request access to your personal information if it does not breach the privacy of another individual. You will be able to rectify any inaccuracies or update information we hold about you. Please forward such requests or issues to: ([email protected])
- Request to remove or delete your personal information from our records. We will, however, retain core information like your name and email address to ensure we do not contact you in future.
- Withdraw consent earlier granted to process information
- Request a copy of your personal information for use in other circumstances
- Restrict the processing of your personal information even while we hold on to it
Update your information
You are advised to inform us if there is any change to your personal information to keep our database up-to-date.
If you wish to update your personal information or exercise any of your rights regarding the personal information you provided to us, please contact our Data Protection officer: [email protected]